UPDATE: Father Arrested In Pottstown Shooting

POTTSTOWN PA – A father who, in what was labeled as a domestic dispute, allegedly shot his son several times Tuesday evening (July 25, 2017) in a property on Lincoln Avenue, has been taken into custody under charges filed by the Pottstown Police Department and on Wednesday morning (July 26) was awaiting a preliminary arraignment before Magisterial District Justice Edward Kropp Sr., according to a department news release.

Joseph Lee is being charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, and recklessly endangering another person in the shooting of his son, Andrew Lee, during an incident at 447 Lincoln Ave., police Capt. Robert Thomas reported.

Joseph Lee suffered a hand laceration. Andrew Lee incurred multiple gunshot wounds to his upper body and right arm, and on Tuesday was flown to a Reading PA hospital for emergency surgery. In the release, Thomas indicated Andrew Lee is in recovery following the surgery, but his condition is listed as critical.

The Post’s original story on this incident appears below.

Shots Injure Son In Pottstown Domestic Dispute

POTTSTOWN PA – An alleged domestic confrontation and shooting that involved a father and son Tuesday (July 25, 2017) at 5:02 p.m. in the 400 block of Lincoln Avenue resulted in life-threatening injuries to one of the individuals and required emergency surgery, Pottstown Police Department Capt. Robert Thomas reported.

Police, called for a report of a shooting to 447 Lincoln Ave., found the father, Joseph Lee, and his son, Andrew Lee, at the address. Andrew Lee suffered multiple gun shot wounds to his upper body and a gunshot wound to his right arm. He was treated by Goodwill Ambulance, transported to a landing zone, and then flown to a Reading hospital for treatment.

Information on the outcome of the surgery was not available as of Wednesday (July 26) at 6 a.m.

Joseph Lee had a laceration to his hand, and was transported by Goodwill to Pottstown Memorial Medical Center for treatment. The wound to Joseph Lee was not life-threatening, Thomas indicated.

No charges had been filed as of 8 p.m., and circumstances of the incident remain under investigation, the captain added.

Photo from Google Images

Get more local news, free!
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner