POTTSTOWN PA – Drivers in Pottstown Borough and North Coventry Township should expect to encounter periodic lane closures at several intersections today (Monday, July 8, 2019) through Friday (July 12), from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily, so contractors can install curb ramps that comply with the Americans With Disabilities Act, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation announced.
The work locations include:
- Route 724 at Laurelwood Road in North Coventry;
- Hanover Street at River Road in North Coventry;
- Hanover Street at Queen Street in Pottstown;
- Hanover Street at College Drive in Pottstown; and
- Armand Hammer Boulevard at Medical Drive in Pottstown.
General contractor Road-Con Inc. of West Chester is overseeing the effort as part of as $13.3 million project to improve safety and traffic flow along key corridors in Pottstown, North Coventry, and Lower Pottsgrove Township. Its schedule depends on weather conditions. Drivers should allow extra time when traveling through the work areas; slowdowns may occur.
Photo from PennDOT District 6