POTTSTOWN PA – Silver Sneakers, a popular health and fitness program for individuals age 65 and older that is covered by a wide variety of health insurers, as well as many Medicare plans, is being added to programming at the TriCounty Active Adult Center, 288 Moser Rd., the organization announced Monday (June 17, 2019) in its member newsletter.
Silver Sneakers classes will be scheduled as center instructors become certified, the newsletter said. Those interested in the program should visit TRACC’s front desk to register; its staff will help determine if specific insurance programs include payments for Silver Sneakers, it added.
According to its website, the program also is offered locally in:
- Pottstown, at the Pottstown YMCA, and Tower Health Careplex;
- Upper Pottsgrove, at LA Fitness;
- North Coventry, at Anytime Fitness, Rascals Fitness;
- Douglassville, at Snap Fitness;
- Gilbertsville, at Final Results Fitness, Anytime Fitness;
- Boyertown, at Daniel B. Boyer YMCA;
- Birdsboro, at Birdsboro Fitness and Splash;
- Limerick, at Rascals Fitness, Planet Fitness, and the Spring Valley YMCA;
- Royersford, at Anytime Fitness; and
- Collegeville, at Anytime Fitness.
Photo from Usaf, used under a Creative Commons license