KING OF PRUSSIA PA – Drivers in western Montgomery County may need their heads on a swivel next week and beyond, just trying to keep abreast of road restrictions and lane closures scheduled along U.S. Route 422, as well as in Pottstown, Lower Pottsgrove, Limerick, Royersford, Lower and Upper Salford, and Schwenksville, all according to a variety of alerts from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
In all cases, drivers are advised to allow for additional time when traveling through the work areas. Slowdowns, back-ups, delays, or stoppages may occur. Progress on the scheduled activities also depends on weather conditions.
Here’s the run-down.
Berks Street sinkhole in Pottstown
A sinkhole that formed at the corner of Berks and West High streets will prompt construction workers to restrict a portion of West High to a single lane today through Monday (Friday, Nov. 30-Dec. 3) so they can make repairs.
422 Pavement Activity in Lower Pottsgrove
U.S. Route 422 motorists will encounter alternating left- and right-lane closures in both directions for pavement-related installations Monday through Friday (Dec.3-7, 2018):
- From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on eastbound 422 between its Keim Street and Sanatoga interchanges; and
- From 6:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on westbound 422 between its Sanatoga and Route 724 interchanges.
Pipe installation in Limerick and Schwenksville
Game Farm Road is scheduled to close Tuesday (Dec. 4, 2018) from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. between Neiffer Road and Route 29 for pipe installation. During the closure, drivers will be directed to use Neiffer Road, Route 73, and Route 29. Local access will be maintained up to the work zone.
Sanatoga Road repair in Lower Pottsgrove
An advance heads-up: Sanatoga Road will be closed and detoured between High Street and Skytop Road from Dec. 10 (2018; Monday) through Jan. 4 (2019; Friday) for roadway repair. During the four-week closure, drivers will be directed to use High Street and Pleasant View Road. Local access will be maintained up to the construction zone.
Road resurfacing in Upper and Lower Salford, and Lower Frederick
Lane restrictions for paving operations are scheduled:
- On Lederach Road for Saturday and Sunday (Dec. 1-2, 2018) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily between Haldeman Road and Schwenksville Road in Upper Salford;
- On Spring Mount Road for Saturday through Monday (Dec. 1-3) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily between Schwenksville Road and the Perkiomen Creek Bridge in Upper Salford and Lower Frederick; and
- On Haldeman Road for Tuesday and Wednesday (Dec. 4-5) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily between just east of Garges Road to Salfordville Road in Lower Salford.
Traffic signal installation in Royersford
Single lane closures are scheduled on Main Street between 4th and 5th avenues Monday through Friday (Dec. 3-7, 2018) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily for traffic signal installations to improve their efficiency and operation. The work includes installation of fiber optic cables, and upgrading signals at intersections.
Photo from Google Images