SKIPPACK PA – SCI Phoenix, the state correctional institution located at 1200 Mokychic Dr., is opening two separate lotteries for hunters interested in harvesting adult antlerless deer on its grounds during 2019 events scheduled for Jan. 3 (Thursday) and Jan. 17 (Thursday), the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections has announced. Applications must be received by mail only, with a deadline of Dec. 5 (2018).
The names of 50 hunters will be selected in the lottery drawing for each day of the hunt. Entrants may enroll in the lottery for both days, but will be able to participate in only one hunt. In the event an entrant is selected for both dates, she or he will be required to designate a preferred hunt date.
Hunters will be allowed to tag up to, but no more than, four antlerless deer. Shotguns are the only authorized weapons for the hunts, and ammunition is limited to slugs only. Weapons and ammunition will be inspected by Pennsylvania Game Commission representatives before the start of the hunts.
All selected hunters are encouraged to bring five non-perishable food items or canned goods with them to the registration area on the date of the hunt. These food items will be donated to a local food bank.
Here are lottery guidelines and entry directions, according to the state:
- All state laws and regulations must be observed and will be strictly enforced.
- Lottery entrants must possess a valid Pennsylvania hunting license.
- Lottery entrants must possess a Management Unit 5C antlerless deer tag(s) to enter the lottery.
- Entrance into the lottery may be completed by submitting a 3”x5” index card to this address:
State Correctional Institution – SCI Phoenix
Office of the Superintendent
PO Box 246
Collegeville PA 19426
- A separate 3”x5” card must be submitted for each date that the entrant is entering the lottery.
- The index card(s) shall be inserted inside an envelope containing the sender’s return mailing address and the facility mailing address.
- The index card must be received at the mailing address no later than Dec. 5.
- The following information must be recorded on the index card:Record “Lottery for Adult Hunt” on the card.
Record the date of the hunt for which you are entering the lottery. Only one date, either January 3, 2019, or January 17, 2019, shall be placed on the card. Lottery entrants electing to submit for the lottery for both dates must complete two cards reflecting alternate dates.
Full name of the lottery entrant.
Legal address of the lottery entrant.
Contact telephone number for lottery entrant.
Alternate telephone number for the lottery entrant.
Hunting license CID number for the lottery entrant.
Antlerless deer tag number(s) for the lottery entrant.
Notifications to those selected for participation in the hunt and additional directions related to registration on the date of the hunt will be provided via telephone notification no later than Dec. 19.
Photo from Google Images