NORTH COVENTRY PA – Two traffic details tasked with enforcement against aggressive driving on westbound U.S. Route 422, in the area of South Keim Street over a 20-day period, resulted in almost three dozen citations and one arrest, the North Coventry Police Department reported Sunday (Nov. 25, 2018) on its website.
From Nov. 5-25, when the patrols were operating as part of Pennsylvania’s Aggressive Driving Enforcement Wave 1, the department said it issued:
- 29 citations for speeding;
- Two for careless driving;
- One for driving with a suspended license; and
- One for operating a vehicle with an expired registration.
- It also made “one misdemeanor arrest for possession of a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia,” the department said.
Costs of the effort were covered by a police traffic services grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, the department added.
Photo from Google Images