POTTSTOWN PA – Forty-one local students were honored through Friday (Sept. 4, 2015) for academic accomplishments and achievements in announcements from their educational institutions.
Hayley Tomaselli of Upper Pottsgrove Township, a freshman at Shippensburg University in Shippensburg PA, was named to the Spring 2015 semester dean’s list as an Accounting major in its John L. Grove College of Business. A 2014 graduate of Pottsgrove High School, she was a member of its National Honor Society.
Christopher Raymond of Pottstown recently graduated from Clemson University with a master of science in youth development leadership.
Karalyn Mark of Pottstown recently graduated from the Ithaca College School of Communications in Ithaca NY with a degree in cinema and photography.
Jonathan Dempsey of Pottstown recently graduated from Lafayette College in Easton PA and earned a double-major degree, bachelor of arts in mathematics/economics.
Taylor Tomaselli of Upper Pottsgrove Township, graduated “with distinction” from the Pennsylvania State University in University Park PA, in May 2015 with a BS in childhood and early adolescent education. She was named to the Spring 2015 semester dean’s list. She was an executive with her sorority and active in THON. She is a member of the Phi Eta Sigma and Phi Kappa Phi Honor Societies. A 2011 graduate of Pottsgrove High School, she was a member of its National Honor Society.
Rachel Perri of Pottstown recently graduated from Widener University in Chester PA with a bachelor of arts in psychology.
Twelve students from Pottstown and Sanatoga recently graduated from Kutztown University in Kutztown PA. They are …
From Pottstown and Sanatoga:
- Eric S. Adams, bachelor of science – environmental science, biology;
- Nathan Andrew Breidenbach, bachelor of science in business administration – marketing;
- Lucas A. Carsto, master of arts – counseling, mental health magna cum laude;
- Mason B. Frederick, bachelor of science – leisure and sport studies;
- Alexa J. Hoey, bachelor of science in business administration – management magna cum laude;
- Jeffrey Martin Kraft, bachelor of science – mathematics;
- Raquel Violeta Luis Maya, bachelor of science in education – secondary education, Spanish magna cum laude;
- Brandon J. Mason, bachelor of science in business administration – management;
- Jonathan R. Mason, bachelor of science – biology, pre-med and health;
- Tabytha Irene Simon, bachelor of social work – social work;
- Jesse N. Tupper, bachelor of science in education – elementary education, grades 4-8, math and english magna cum laude; and
- Joseph Michael Wenzel, bachelor of science – library science cum laude.
Eight students from Pottstown and Stowe recently graduated from Albright College in Reading PA. They are …
- Xiomara Cosme, with a bachelor of arts degree in sociology: criminology;
- Dayton Gray, highest honors with a bachelor of science degree in business administration;
- Robert Hires, highest honors with a bachelor of science degree in business administration;
- Stacey MacFarland, highest honors with a bachelor of science degree in business administration;
- Donald Moore, with a bachelor of science degree in information systems; and
- Melissa Vettleson, summa cum laude with a bachelor of science degree in chemistry.
- Kevin Moser, honors with a bachelor of science degree in information systems; and
- Nicole Rohrbach, with a bachelor of science degree in chemistry-secondary education.
Titles, Awards and Acceptances
Gwendolynne Davis of Pottstown, a 2016 psychology major at Widener University in Chester PA, attended a summer cultural immersion trip run by the university to the Gullah/Geechee Nation along the South Carolina and Georgia coasts. She and other Widener students spent time learned about the culture of the Gullah/Geechee people, and also explored the cities of Savannah GA and Charleston SC.
Two Pottstown residents, Chad Flannery and Noah Krisiewicz, have been accepted to attend Kent State University in Kent OH as members of its class of 2019.
Devon Fink of Pottstown has been selected to attend Wilkes University in Wilkes-Barre PA as a member of the class of 2019. He is studying biology.
Henrietta Lukacs and Bailey Brown, both of Pottstown, have been selected to attend Lehigh University in Bethlehem PA as part of its class of 2019.
Two Pottsgrove High School graduates, marketing major Samantha Brockway from Sanatoga and nursing major Ashley Monzo from Pottstown, have been named as resident assistants at Alvernia University for the 2015-16 academic year. RAs are academically successful students, committed to the core values of university, who help build strong and healthy residential communities.
Two Pottstown residents, Gary Wise and Austin Mora, have been recognized by Lebanon Valley College in Annville PA as high-achieving first-year students who are designated to receive scholarships. Both are graduates of Pottstown Senior High School. Wise plans to study mathematics; Mora plans to study music recording technology.
Elizabeth Czuj of Pottstown, a business administration and French major in the Class of 2016 at Susquehanna University in Selinsgrove PA, recently was inducted into its French honor society. A 2012 graduate of Owen J. Roberts High School, she is the daughter of Chester and Joanne Czuj.
Megan Schmidt of Pottstown, a Class of 2017 Marquis Scholar at Lafayette College in Easton PA, recently received its Eugene P. Chase Phi Beta Kappa Prize, awarded to sophomores who have demonstrated scholarship as a first-year student. She is a graduate of Pottstown Senior High School.
Erin Sellers of Pottstown, a senior sociology/criminology major at Albright College in Reading PA,, spent her summer studying abroad at the University of Nicosia in Nicosia, Cyprus.
Two students from Pottstown have been accepted to attend Elizabethtown College in Elizabethtown PA. They are Brandon Calle and Taylor Cooney.
Photo from Google Images