POTTSTOWN PA – More than 160 students – including 21 who live in Pottstown, Stowe, Sanatoga, Green Lane, and Pennsburg – have been inducted into chapters of Phi Theta Kappa, the international honor society of two-year colleges, for the Fall 2014 semester at Montgomery County Community College, it announced Tuesday (Nov. 18, 2104).
To be eligible for society membership, students must maintain a 3.5 grade point average and must have completed at least 12 credits. The college operates two chapters, Beta Tau Lambda at its Pottstown campus and Alpha Kappa Zeta at its Blue Bell PA campus.
The fall 2014 inductees, listed by area of residence, are:
- Pottstown: Molly Adams, Hector Astacio, Megan Bealer, Michael Carbo, Nick Centofanti, Kristyn Fetterman, Brandi Haas, Tory Hudgins, Leif Hums, Deborah Jackson, Bridget McLaughlin, Christina Miles, Kelly Moorman, Meghan Oberholtzer, Emily Staab;
- Stowe: Victor Hall;
- Sanatoga: Tyler Musser;
- Green Lane: Angelina Sirak, Stephanie Sirak;
- Pennsburg: Michaela Buckwalter, Autumn Detweiler.
- Royersford: Kelley Burris, Michele Taluc-Chance, Aadil Esmail, Gabrielle Fisher, Joanne McDowell-Henderson, Tammy Moyer, Abigail Rutkowski;
- Limerick: Alexandra Barnes, Lindsey Ridenour;
- Collegeville: Antonio Aloia, Julie Clark; and
- Phoenixville: Brittany Fuller, Kemarie Kurtz, Jessica Loughery, Philip Zhu.