POTTSTOWN PA – Girl Scouts in the greater Pottstown area are collecting new or used items of clothing in all sizes that can be used during the 2013-2014 academic year as student uniforms in the Pottstown School District, schools’ spokesman John Armato reported Friday (June 14, 2013).
Being sought for donation to the clothing drive are white, light blue, or navy polo shirts or turtlenecks; navy blue or khaki pants, shorts, skirts, or skorts; and certain sweaters and sweatshirts. All uniforms will be donated to the Pottstown Cluster of Religious Communities for distribution to its clients. Victoria Bumstead, the cluster’s volunteer coordinator, said uniforms are a huge need in the organization’s support of community children.
Clothing drop-off sites have been created at:
- Grumpy’s Sandwich Shop, 137 High St.;
- Rich Ranieri’s MAB Paints, 218 High St.;
- Mike’s Brick Oven Pizza, 601 N. Charlotte St.;
- Pottstown branch of the Freedom Valley YMCA, 724 N. Adams St.;
- Pottstown School District Administration Building, 230 Beech St.; and the
- North End Swim Club, 901 N. Adams St.
Pottstown implemented a uniform policy and dress code during August 2011. Its specifics are available for download from the district website, here.